Join Shelly from ANO Clothing to learn basic sewing skills.
Get an introduction to the world of sewing so that participants can mend and/or make their own clothing, soft furnishings etc. Join an environment where participants can freely work on a chosen garment and utilise the sewing machines and knowledge of the tutor over a three week period.
Things you will learn….
· To sew a button on
· How to hem, by hand and by machine
· Basic Machine operation
You can then choose one of the following:
· Basic types of stiches/seams/finishing’s
· Put a zip in
· Make a forever bag out of upcycled fabric/shirt etc, or a pencil case or purse.
You are also welcome to bring an item in from home such as;
· Mend a garment – split seams
· Alter a garment – make it shorter, smaller, basic tailor or restyle